Ethical Trading Policy (Badger Design Ltd)
Ethical Trading Policy
Badger Design Ltd is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of magnetic promotional products and motor accessories. We pride ourselves on ensuring that your products are produced to the highest quality, at the keenest prices and delivered on time.
We strongly believe in ethical principles and seek to build strong relationships with like minded organisations that share our values. Our ethical trading policy has been developed based on this commitment and to ensure that we do not benefit from the mistreatment of others.
- All employment with Badger Design Ltd is freely chosen.
- Employees are not required to lodge “deposits” or their identity papers with their employer.
- Employees are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
- To every extent possible all work carried out must be done so on the basis of recognised employment relationship through national law and practice.
- Labour only contracting, sub-contracting and fixed term contracts are not used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
- Working hours are not excessive. They comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection.
- Employees shall not on a regular basis be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week
- There shall be at least an average of 1 day off for every 7.
- Overtime should never exceed 12 hours per week, shall not be regularly expected and be compensated at a premium rate.
- Wages paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, legal and national standards. They should be sufficient to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
- Employees are provided with, and understand, written information regarding employment conditions and wages before entering employment.
- No deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure are permitted. Any lawful deductions will be discussed with the employee concerned.
- All disciplinary measures should be recorded.
Health and safety
- Badger Design Ltd are committed to providing a safe and healthy place of work.
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimising, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Employees have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- There shall be no new recruitment of child labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not be employed at any time.
- Children or persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
Discrimination and Discipline
- There shall be no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination of employment or retirement based on race, nationality, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Badger Design Ltd will not tolerate any form of physical abuse or discipline. This includes the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, verbal abuse and all other forms of intimidation.
Trade Unions and Representatives
- Employees, without distinction have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing.
- Employee representatives shall not be discriminated against.
- We strive to continually monitor legislation to continually improve our operations.
Last updated: January 2011